Parish Mission Projects
In 2015, Episcopal Ministries of Long Island was privileged to help provide food for the hungry, support young people through afterschool programs, enrich the lives of seniors, and much more. Grant funding from EMLI allowed our parish partners to launch or expand ministries which respond to an identified needs in their communities.
The following ministries were supported by an EMLI grant in 2015:
- Afterschool Program, Church of the Nativity, Brooklyn
- East Bushwick-Ocean Hill Parent Council, St. Thomas Episcopal Church, Brooklyn
- Prayer Shawl Ministry, St. Andrews Episcopal Church, Yaphank
- Sunday Night Mission, Christ Church, Garden City
- Caring for the Caregiver, The Church of the Advent, Westbury
- Messengers of Justice – Legal clinic, St. Gabriel's, Brooklyn
- Neighborhood Senior Center, St. Gabriel's, Brooklyn
- Afterschool/Summer Day Camp, St. George’s, Brooklyn
- Nourish Babylon – Community meal program, Christ Church, Babylon
- Astoria Youth Outreach, St. George's Church, Astoria
- Community Breakfast, St. George’s, Brooklyn
- Senior Program of Activities, Refreshment & Knowledge (SPARK), Holy Trinity Church, Valley Stream Watch video
To learn more about the grants process, visit our Grants page. As always, don't hesitate to contact us with further questions.